Friday, September 09, 2011

Prayer

Please read John 3:16 found in the Bible. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." NIV.
If you would like to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and friend, would you pray the following prayer? God hears our prayers and if you pray in sincere faith and believe that He hears you, He will. It would be great if you would find other believers and a Bible-based church to fellowship and grow to know Jesus more and be encouraged by others who believe in Him.

Example of a prayer to receive Jesus into your heart and life.

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.

  • Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
  • Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
  • Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
  • Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
  • Find a local church where you can worship God.
We attend church at the Assemblies of God Fellowship and if you want to look for a church in the United States near your area, please click this link and go to The Assemblies of God website.

No comments: